Associated Entities has the definition attributed to it under s 50AAA of the Corporations Act;
Personal Information has the definition attributed to it under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
Website means the domain names debtstroyerhomeloans.com.au, dshl.com.au and any sub-domains;
We/us/our/Debtstroyer Home Loans means Debtstroyer Home Loans ACL 418721 as trustee and our Associated Entities; and
You/Your means any person who accesses our Website or contacts us in person, by email or by phone with regard to the products and services provided by us.
Commitment To Privacy
- how we collect information;
- how we use and disclose any information we collect;
- how we protect the personal information we collect;
- how you can access the personal information we may hold about you;
- how to make a complaint about a privacy breach under this policy; and
- how we will deal with breach of privacy complaints.
We value your privacy, and as such, we have taken the necessary precautions to comply with the Act, APP and CR Code.
Type Of Information Collected
The types of personal information that we collect typically includes your:
- contact details (such as address, telephone and email);
- date of birth;
- account details;
- marital status and other household information such as number and age of dependents;
- occupation and employment information;
- financial information such as assets, liabilities, income and expenditure;
- complaint details; and
- involvement as a party in pending and completed legal proceedings.
Other types of personal information that we collect relates to credit information. This typically includes:
- identification information;
- credit liability information;
- credit history;
- type and amount of credit;
- details of amounts payable and when such amounts are payable;
- repayment history, including when payments were made and whether payments were made when due; and
- default information.
Anonymity And Pseudonymity
You can deal with us anonymously when it is lawful and reasonably practicable to do so. For example, when making general enquiries about our products or services that do not involve the completion of an application for our products or services.
Destruction Of Unsolicited Personal Information
If we become aware that we have received unsolicited personal information without your consent, we will destroy or de-identify that information.
Using Your Personal Information
By engaging our services you authorise us to:
- act as your agent for the purpose of collecting your personal information for the primary purpose of providing debt management services and insolvency options to you;
- act on your behalf in making enquiries regarding your financial situation with third parties as part of our preparation of an assessment of your financial situation and application for budgeting, financial services, debt management services, insolvency options and any other services;
- collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us to third parties, in order to examine, assess and process your application; and
- negotiate and enter into repayment arrangements on your behalf with your creditors, and in doing so, disclose any of your personal information that we deem necessary to your creditors, in our absolute discretion.
By using our Website, purchasing any of our products or using our services you agree that in respect of any of your personal information received by us:
- we will be entitled to record that information and use it in accordance with this policy;
- we will be entitled to contact third parties, the details of which you have given us as part of your application with us;
- we may use that information to contact you about our products and support services or to provide you with general information about us;
- we may use that information in the course of providing budgeting advice, financial services, debt management services, insolvency options and any other service;
- we may provide your personal information to third parties where we employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to: payment handling, search engine facilities, database management, advertising and marketing;
- we may provide your personal information to our technical service providers for the purpose of operating the Website;
- we may use the information we collect from you for the purposes of improving our products or services, or to collect information for the purposes of statistical or marketing analysis;
- we may provide your personal information to third parties when deemed necessary to act on your behalf; and
- we may refer your contact and other details to other third parties who may be able to assist you by either providing you with budgeting, financial services, debt management services, insolvency options or any other services we deem appropriate. You acknowledge and agree that we may receive remuneration for such referrals.
Personal information collected by us for the above purposes may be distributed globally.
Apart from the circumstances set out above, unless required or authorised by law, we will not disclose any personal information we collect from you without your specific consent.
Changing And Accessing Information
If you wish to change or update any of your personal information or you wish to access the personal information we hold about you please contact us and we will arrange for this to occur. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 14 days. You may be charged a fee for access to this information.
In accordance with the terms of this policy we may communicate with you to provide information about our products, support services and ongoing training, special offers, promotions or other matters that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will not send third party advertising information to you without first asking you whether you want to receive this information.
If you are receiving communications from us and you no longer wish to receive these communications please contact us and inform us that you wish to unsubscribe.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep the information we collect about you secure and to prevent unauthorised access to this information. However, we cannot give any guarantees or warranties about the security of your information and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of any unauthorised access to your information.
Credit Related Information
We may use personal information to assess your credit situation when you apply for some products or services. We might ask you for information about yourself and then seek a credit report from a credit reporting agency. We’ll always tell you before we seek a credit report, and we won’t get one if you’re under 18. The credit report provided by a credit reporting agency may include information like your employment history, previous credit checks, any problems you’ve had paying bills and whether those issues were resolved. We use this information to assess whether we’re entering into an arrangement that is sensible for both you and us.
After you become a client, we store the crucial bits of information from the credit report. We may continue to use this information to examine, assess and process your information or application, and to provide our financial services, financial solutions, budgeting, debt management options, and any other services we may offer from time to time.
We don’t use credit related information to generate marketing lists. Sometimes, we might ask a credit reporting agency to do that for us. You can ask the credit reporting agency not to use your information for these purposes by getting in touch with them directly.
We work with client service partners inside and outside Australia. Where necessary, we give our partners access to the credit information they need to help us provide our services.
You can get access to credit related information we hold about you, ask us to correct it, or make a complaint, as described elsewhere in this policy. If we agree that our records need to be corrected, and we’ve previously disclosed that information to a credit reporting agency or other person, we’ll tell them about the correction too.
You can ask the credit reporting agencies not to use or disclose the information in their files if you think you have been or are likely to become a victim of fraud.
You can find out more about the credit reporting agencies we work with at https://www.equifax.com.au/ and www.dnb.com.au. Their websites give their contact details and their policies about the management of your personal information.
Access And Correction
Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13 allow you to access and correct the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out below. Opt in and Opt out policy Debtstroyer Home Loans allows you to control all communications directed to you.
We may send you e-mail communications to provide information which we think you will find useful, including information about new products and services from Debtstroyer Home Loans. You can unsubscribe from any e-mail list by following the simple instructions on how to immediately unsubscribe or opt out, which are included in all our e-mail newsletters. Alternatively, you can contact us on the details set out below.
If you change or move e-mail addresses please let us know so we can redirect your e-mail to your new address.
- Debtstroyer Home Loans Privacy Department
- Phone: 1300 403 328
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: GPO Box 353, Centre Sydney, NSW 2000
We will endeavour to deal with your complaint as soon as is reasonably practicable. If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your complaint, it may be referred to a recognised external dispute resolution scheme.
You can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the steps listed on the website: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
- via email to email@example.com
- via post to GPO Box 353, Centre Sydney, NSW 2000
Last Updated September 2017